This avocado and coconut panna cotta is a delicious treat that is easier to make than you think. Silky smooth texture with a hint of avocado flavor and slightly smoky aroma from the palm sugar syrup will surely impress your guest.
Coconut milk and avocado give a lovely tropical flavor and also add extra creaminess to this panna cotta. This is the perfect dessert to make if you want to impress your guests.
I put my panna cotta in molds and then take them out before serving because I like the way they look, but sometimes I like to put them in pretty glasses or ramekins and just eat them with a spoon.
If you make this Avocado and Coconut Panna Cotta, be sure to leave a comment and tag me on Instagram! Love to hear from you. Follow my Pinterest and Instagram to get more recipes and cooking ideas!
Related article: Black Sticky Rice Pudding
Avocado and Coconut Panna Cotta
- 2-3 ripe avocadoes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp konnyaku jelly powder
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Palm sugar syrup
- 200g dark palm sugar, chopped
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 pandan leaf, torn in half lengthwise and tied in a knot
- 90 ml of water
- Palm sugar syrup: place all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, for 7 minutes or until the sugar dissolved. Let the syrup simmer for 2 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and strain through a fine sieve. Set aside.
- Place avocado and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Put the konnyaku jelly and sugar in a saucepan. Pour the coconut cream, coconut milk, and avocado. Cook the mixture over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolve, stirring constantly. Keep stirring and let the mixture simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and divide mixture evenly between prepared ramekins. Let the panna cotta cool to room temperature then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set.
- Unmold the panna cotta and serve with 2 tbsp palm sugar syrup and 1 tbsp cooked sago pearls.
Tropical Creme Caramel - Dreamy TableJuly 16, 2021 at 12:07 PM
[…] Related article: Tropical Creme Caramel […]