I could easily say no to a plate of steak or a glass of milkshake, but saying no to noodle dishes (or pasta) is made me feel like I engaged in a criminal act. In fact, If I have to eat the same thing for one week in a row I daresay, I will for sure choose noodles. I don’t care whether it’s a noodle dishes from the fancy restaurant, street stall or a packet of instant noodles I would happily devour it.
Cheesy Gochujang Noodles with Meatballs
- 2 packs dried noodles
- 1/2 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced ginger
- 2 tablespoon gochujang
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup corn kernel, optional
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 25o gr ground beef
- 1/4 cup Japanese breadcrumbs
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp gochujang
- 50 gr carrot, grated
- 1 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 100 gr mozzarella cheese
- salt to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
- Meatballs: Combine all meatball ingredients (except cheese and oil) in a bowl, gently mix just until even. Shape the mixture into 10-12 small meatballs, set aside. Cut the cheese for meatballs into even size. Take 1 meatball, flatten, and put the cheese in the middle of the mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the meatballs on all sides. Remove the meatballs from skillet, set aside.
- Saute the sliced shiitake mushroom using the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil if needed. Scatter the mushroom in skillet, make sure it not overlapping. Toast the mushrooms in the skillet for a couple minutes until it gets nice brown colour. Remove the mushroom from skillet.
- While waiting for the mushroom to cook, add gochujang, sesame oil, honey, and 2 tbsp water. Stir well the mixture, set aside.
- In the same skillet, add a little bit more oil. Once the oil hot add onion and ginger. Saute until the onion translucent. Add the gochujang mixture to the skillet, cook for about 1 minute, until the sauce bubbly. Add meatballs, and corn kernels, close the skillet with the lid, cook the meatballs over a low heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil. Cook noodle until al-dente (about 1 minute), drain the noodles. Add the noodles, and grated cheddar cheese to the skillet, toss to combine. Add a little bit more water to loosen the sauce slightly. Topped with grated mozzarella, close the lid, and cook for few minutes until cheese melted.
- Serve with seaweed powder, chopped scallion and toasted sesame seeds.
Vegetarian Bibimbap (Vegetarian Korean Rice Bowl) - Dreamy TableNovember 29, 2019 at 12:19 PM
[…] Related article: Cheesy Gochujang Noodles with Meatballs […]