These chicken and cream cheese taquitos are sinfully delicious and it’s so easy to make. Whole wheat tortillas filled with rotisserie chicken, canned black bean, cream cheese and sharp cheddar cheese and then baked or fried until crispy.
Chicken and Cream Cheese Taquitos
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 8-10 tortillas
- canola oil for frying
- Heat the tortilla in a microwave or skillet until soft and pliable.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, shredded chicken, black beans, green onion and cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add about 2 tablespoons chicken filling near the edge of tortilla. Fold the edge of tortilla over the filling and roll the taquitos tightly into a cylinder, secure with a toothpick. Repeat the process until all tortillas are filled.
- Pour oil into a frying pan until 1/2 inch deep. Heat oil over medium heat and fry taquitos until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes.
- Drain on a kitchen towel to remove excess oil. Serve taquitos immediately with salsa or guacamole.