Butterfly pea limeade with cream cheese might be unusual but it’s oh so delicious! Tangy fresh lime, sparkling water and sweet-salty cream cheese topping… yum! This gorgeous changing colour made with no food dye…only natural ingredients.
Butterfly Pea Limeade with Cream Cheese
Butterfly Pea Simple Syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons butterfly pea flowers
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 3 cups water to dilute
- lots of ice cubes
Cream Cheese Topping
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1/4 cup greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- a pinch of sea salt or Himalayan salt
Make simple syrup
- Place sugar, water and butterfly pea flowers in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir until the sugar dissolve and change colour into a dark blue.
- Remove simple syrup from the heat and let it cool completely. Strain simple syrup and discard the solid. Set aside.
Cream cheese topping
- Beat cream cheese, icing sugar, yoghurt, heavy cream, lime zest and salt with a mixer on high speed until thickened.
- Diluted 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice with 3 cups of water.
- Add ice cubes to the serving glasses, pour some simple syrup and diluted lime juice. Top with about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture.