These crispy eggplant wraps with dukkah are packed with flavour and full with nutrient. With its crispy panko-dukkah crumb, these Middle Eastern-inspired wraps will become a go-to for meatless Monday.
Crispy Eggplant Wraps with Dukkah
- 2 large (500 g) eggplants
- 3/4 cup store-bought dukkah
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 free-range egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
Crispy eggplant wraps
- 4-6 pita or flatbreads
- 1 cup hummus
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- dukkah for serving
- Place the egg and milk in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Mix dukkah and breadcrumbs in a separate bowl. Place flour, salt and black pepper in a third bowl, mix well.
- lightly dust the eggplant in the flour, dip into the egg mixture and then coat it with dukkah. Lightly press the eggplant into the dukkah breadcrumbs so it coats well.
- Fill a large deep-sided frying pan half-full with oil, heat until it reaches 180 C. Carefully lower the coated eggplants into the oil, working in batches. Cook for 5 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Remove the eggplants and drain on paper towel, keep it warm.
- Spread each flatbread with a big spoonful of hummus and load it with crispy eggplants, tomato and cucumber, then sprinkling with more dukkah and some lemon juice. Wrap up and serve.
sheenam | thetwincookingproject.netSeptember 25, 2018 at 5:34 AM
So interesting! Love eggplant and this recipe looks very easy. Trying out super soon.
Atika SumarsonoSeptember 28, 2018 at 10:13 AM
Thank you so much. Hope you like it and let me know when you try it 🙂