Easy, simple and fresh rice Noodles salad in a jar. I lightly coloured the rice noodles with butterfly pea flowers then add it into a jar along with thinly sliced omelette, saute shimeji mushrooms, cucumbers, carrots, red radish, and cilantro. Put the sweet and tangy salad dressing in a separated small container, just mix the salad and the dressing when you are ready to eat.
Rice Noodles Salad Jar. These jars salad is delicious and so damn pretty, but eating salad or noodles from a mason jar isn’t convenient. I found it so much easier to eat if you dump it into a bowl or plate.
Rice Noodles Salad Jar
- 150g rice noodles
- 2 large eggs
- 60g white shimeji mushroom
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 4 red radish, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1-2 tsp honey
- In a medium bowl combine all the vinaigrette ingredients, put in small containers and put the lid on.
- Fill a saucepan with 3 to 5 cups cold water, add butterfly pea flower and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to low and keep simmering for about 7 minutes.
- Put the rice noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water and let sit for 5-7 minutes or until tender (cooking times might vary depending on the brand of noodles you use). Drain noodles and set aside.
- Crack the eggs in a small bowl and season with a pinch of salt. Beaten the eggs with a fork and pour it into a heated non-stick skillet, cook until egg firm and slightly golden on both sides. Transfer omelet to cutting board and cut it into long strips.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a pan or skillet. Add minced garlic and shimeji mushroom, stir fry for 2 minutes until mushroom cooked, season with salt and pepper.
- Place the noodles, cucumber, carrot, stripped eggs, radish, and cilantro in the jars in layers until almost full. Mix the salad and vinaigrette when you ready to eat.