These fried okra bites are out of this world! Bite-size okra pieces coated lightly with egg and flour, then deep-fried to crispy, golden brown perfection. Serve them up as a snack or as an appetizer, you won’t believe how fast it will disappear.
About two months ago, I stumbled upon green okra on a small grocery store in my neighbour. I didn’t buy it because I never eat okra and I don’t know how to cook it. I’m not sure why it caught my eyes, but I regret that I didn’t buy it.
Fried Okra Bites
- 10 pods okra
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- cayenne pepper
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- oil for frying
- lime wedges
- Sliced okra into bite size, about 1/2-inch thick. Crack an egg into a medium bowl, season lightly with salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Soaked the okra in egg mixture for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Fill the heavy-bottomed skillet or Dutch oven halfway up the sides with oil. Heat the oil over medium-high heat to 350 degrees F.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Dredge the okra in a flour mixture, coating evenly.
- Carefully add the okra to the hot oil, cook few minutes until golden brown. Remove okra and drain on paper towel. Serve okra immediately.