Vegetarian and gluten-free, these zucchini fritters are deliciously flavourful and can be prepped well in advance.
It feels so good when I can enjoying my Sunday morning with a cup of a hot coffee & good book. What makes Sunday morning different and feel better from the other morning because Sunday morning usually slower and quieter. No need to rush and I can spend all day long in my pyjamas.
Gluten-Free Zucchini Fritters
Gluten-free zucchini fritters
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 100 g chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- oil for frying
Turkish yogurt & cucumber sauce
- 250 ml plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Yogurt and cucumber sauce: whisk the yogurt and olive oil in a bowl. Stir in chopped cucumber, garlic, pepper and herbs, then season with salt and pepper. Cover the bowl and place in refrigerator
- Zucchini fritters: coarsely grate the zucchini and put in a medium-size bowl. Sprinkle lightly with salt and stir well, then let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the zucchini briefly, then squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Place grated zucchini in a large bowl. Mix zucchini with onion, dill, green onion and eggs. Sift in rice flour and chickpea flour to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper, adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Drop about two tablespoons of batter into the pan and flatten gently. Cook fritters for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Serve fritters immediately with yogurt and cucumber sauce.