Flavourful grilled chicken and yogurt sauce wraps- easy, healthy and so delicious! This chicken wraps recipe is made with chicken, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and fresh yogurt sauce!
Ramadan just begins and while the holy month is a perfect time for spiritual reflection, this also the busiest time in the kitchen. During this holy month, we usually spend time and shares meal with friends and family during the iftar and suhoor. Doing the meal prep for a family member and guest on an empty stomach definitely is not an easy task. That’s why meal planning and food preparation before Ramadan start is important.
I like to marinated chicken or meat and freeze them for an easy suhoor (pre-dawn meal) or quick dinner. This yogurt chicken wrap recipe is absolutely perfect for suhoor or even quick lunches.
I love that I can make the grilled chicken ahead, put it in a container and store it in the refrigerator. There are two alternatives for preparing this yogurt chicken wrap, sometimes I pre-cooked then keep it in the refrigerator, I just reheat the chicken and wrap it with other ingredients when I want to eat it. Or I marinade the chicken with yogurt and spices and freeze it for later use.
Grilled Yogurt Chicken Wrap
Yogurt grilled chicken
- 300 g chicken breast, thinly sliced at an angle
- 1/2 cup greek style yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 3 cm ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
Yogurt Chicken Wrap
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored, outermost leaves discarded, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tomato, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
Yogurt mint dressing
- 100 g greek style yogurt
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- For the grilled chicken: Place yogurt, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, chilli powder and turmeric powder in a big bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate, at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat, coated lightly with oil. Remove the chicken from the yogurt mixture. Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate to cool slightly.
- For the yogurt dressing: Pick and finely chop the mint leaves, then add them to a mixing bowl. Add the yogurt to the bowl and squeeze the juice of a lemon into a bowl. Add a tiny pinch of salt and black pepper, then stir everything together.
- For the yogurt chicken wrap: Place the sliced iceberg lettuce, tomato and cucumber onto each wrap. Then pile with grilled chicken and drizzle some yogurt-mint sauce on top. Roll up and ready to eat.