This recipe for honey and coconut crepes is simple in preparation and decadent in flavour. Soft and delicious crepes dressed up with sweet honey-mascarpone and tropical fruits suitable as breakfast or dessert.
Once you’ve mastered the technique of making classic crepes, it takes no effort to make this honey and coconut crepes.
Honey and Coconut Crepes with Tropical Fruits
- 150g all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 350 ml coconut cream or thick coconut milk
- 200 ml water or milk
- 200g mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- Place the flour, eggs and honey in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Gradually add coconut cream and milk, whisking constantly until smooth and no lump. Strain the mixture, cover and allow to stand for 20 minutes.
- Heat a lightly greased crepe pan or non-stick frying pan over low heat. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan, swirling to cover the base. Cook for 2-3 minutes, turn gently and cook for further 1 minute or until just golden. Place on a sheet of non-stick baking paper and cover with a clean tea towel to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Put mascarpone in a bowl, add honey and mix well. Serve crepes with the honey-mascarpone, mango, pineapple and sprinkle some pomegranate on top.