Easy, delicious and freezer friendly lemon and oatmeal muffins. Rolled oats give slightly nuttiness and make these muffins good for breakfast.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but sometimes I don’t have enough time to prepare breakfast. During the busy days, I often just grab a biscuit, cookies or protein bar for breakfast.
Lemon and Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup rolled or quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 medium size free-range eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 175 C. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray and line the bottom of muffin tins with muffin liners or parchment papers.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl, set aside.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs, sugar, yogurt, oil lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing only to combine.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared cups, fill the cup about three-quarters full. Sprinkle with oats and sugar.
- Bake for about 20 to 23 minutes or until the muffins golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm with lemon curd or keep it in an airtight container and store it at room temperature for 2 to 3 days.