It’s very simple to put this oregano-lemon tilapia and charred corn salad together. You only need to make one sauce to spooned over the grilled tilapia and corn salad. Fresh oregano adds compelling taste to the sauce and it makes the simple grilled fish tastier.
I seared my tilapia in a skillet with fresh oregano to intensify the flavor. To prevent the oregano to burn I add it right before I flip the tilapia, but you could just skip this step if you not in the mood for the extra effort.
If you make this Lemon-Oregano Tilapia, be sure to leave a comment and tag me on Instagram! Love to hear from you. Follow my Pinterest and Instagram to get more recipes and cooking ideas!
Related article: Seafood Mentaiko Rice
Oregano-Lemon Tilapia with Corn and Avocado Salad
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Tilapia with charred corn & avocado salad
- 1 ear corn
- 2 tilapia
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small avocados
- In a small bowl, add shallot, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk in the olive oil, then add the oregano. Set aside.
- Place the corn on the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, until charred, turning occasionally. Transfer the corn to the cutting board and remove the kernels from the cob.
- Place the corn kernels in a salad bowl, add avocado and half of the vinaigrette, and toss to combine.
- Using the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Season tilapia with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Cook until the tilapia is lightly charred and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the tilapia to a serving plate, drizzle with the rest of the vinaigrette. spoon the salad on top and serve.