This pan-seared tilapia recipe is so easy and quick to prepare. This fork-tender fish fillet is low in calories and cooks very fast, makes it perfect for a busy weekday meal. Juicy sweet cherry tomatoes and fragrant torch ginger in warm olive oil really compliment the tenderness of pan-seared tilapia.
If you make this Pan-Seared Tilapia with Tomato be sure to leave a comment and tag me on Instagram! Love to hear from you. Follow my Pinterest and Instagram to get more recipes and cooking ideas!
Related article: Egg in Spicy Tomato Sauce
Pan-Seared Tilapia with Tomato & Torch Ginger
- 4 tilapia fillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt & black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3-5 torch ginger leaves, finely sliced
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- fish stock or water
- Season the tilapia fillets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Cook fish for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove fish from pan and set aside.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in the same pan. Saute the minced garlic for 30 to 60 seconds until fragrant. Add cherry tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes wilted, for about 5 minutes. Stir in jalapeno, torch ginger, lime juice, pepper, and water. Cook for about 2 minutes, then season with salt and sugar.
- Add cooked tilapia and let it simmer for another 2 minutes.