Enriched with rosemary, coriander seeds, and green chili, these pickled cherry tomatoes are perfect on a tacos, salad, or as a companion for antipasti. Cut them in half and tossed into couscous salad or mixed them with fresh tomatoes and feta cheese to make simple tomato salad.
Pickled Cherry Tomatoes
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 1 green chili, sliced
- 2 rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 250 ml water
- 250 ml apple cedar vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, water, peppercorns, coriander seeds, sugar, and salt. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Turn off the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Wash and pierce each tomato with a pin or wooden toothpick. Put tomatoes, sliced green chilies, garlic, and rosemary in a sterilized jar. Pour vinegar mixture over tomatoes, filling the jar to within 1/2 inch to the top.
- Cover the jar tightly and refrigerate the pickles. The pickles taste better after you keep it overnight and keep well for at least a month.