I’ve been hooked with brown butter. If I could, I would put it on everything…brown butter with sole and lemon, with scallops and capers, drizzle it over vegetables or salad. The nutty flavour of brown butter match well with lemon and potato and make this potato salad even better.
Warm Potato Salad with Brown Butter Vinaigrette
- 250g baby potato, cut into halves
- 150g green beans
- 4 red radishes
- fresh oregano
- 2 soft-boiled eggs
Brown butter dressing
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1 medium shallot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or more to taste
- pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slices the baby potatoes and coated with 2 tablespoon vegetable oil, a pinch of salt and black pepper. Roast for about 15-20 minutes until tender and golden brown.
- Brown butter dressing: Put shallot in a medium heatproof bowl, set aside. Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, swirl the pan occasionally. Cook until the butter begins to foam and turns into nutty brown colour.
- Turn off the heat and carefully strain the brown butter into the bowl of shallots. Whisk in lemon juice, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the green beans to boiling salted water and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until just tender. Strain and add the beans to an ice bath to stop cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Transfer roasted potatoes, green beans and sliced radishes onto a salad bowl and toss with brown butter vinaigrette. Serve salad with soft-boiled immediately with soft-boiled egg and sprinkle oregano.