I love French fries, I could eat it every day and never get bored. Although I love fries so much, I know that eat it every day is not a wise decision. This roasted garlic potato is a healthier option than fries. Not also this healthier but this also flavourful, you can also substitute garlic with other herbs.
Roasted Garlic Potato
Personally, I prefer duck fat for bake potatoes, because it makes the potatoes richer and crispier. But you can swap duck fat with butter or olive oil. Small new potatoes great for this dish, it makes the cooking process easier because you don’t need to peel it. You can cut it in half to shorten the cooking time, but I prefer to gently prick it with a fork.
- 1 kg unpeeled new potatoes, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 7 cloves garlic, skin on
- Few sprigs sage
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 190 C. Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large pot, cover with cold salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to simmer, and cook for about 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes and set aside.
- Add the olive oil and butter in a large baking tray, drizzle with 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, add unpeeled garlic and sage, then season generously with sea salt and black pepper.
- Tip in the potatoes into a baking tray while it still hot. Mix it all up until all the potatoes coated with thin layer of oil.
- Transfer the baking tray to the oven and roast until the bottom of potatoes crisp and golden brown, for about 10 to 15 minutes. Flip the potatoes and roast again until the second side crispy and golden brown, for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve while still hot and crispy.