This roasted potato salad is a lighter version of traditional potato salad. Plain yoghurt infused with fresh dill and lemon juice gives a tangy and nice contrast to the warm roasted potatoes.
This salad is so easy and tastes better over time, so you can prepare it in advance. Sometimes I even make this potato salad with leftover roasted potatoes. I just reheat them in a microwave or in a cast iron skillet until warm through, then combine with sauce and shredded chicken.
Roasted Potato Salad - roasted potato with green bean & brown butter vinaigrette
Red Rice Salad - red rice with tofu & andaliman pepper dressing
Roasted Potato Salad
- 500g baby potato
- 200g leftover rotisserie chicken
- 2/3 cup (100ml) plain yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ground red pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
- Rinse and scrub potatoes, pat dry and cut into 2 or 3 cm cubes. Transfer the potatoes and garlic cloves to the baking pan and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes golden brown and tender. Remove from the pan and let it cool slightly.
- Mashed the roasted garlic with a fork. Combine mashed garlic, yoghurt, lime juice and half of the dill in a large bowl. Add roasted potatoes and shredded chicken, toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving plate, sprinkle with ground red pepper and top with remaining dill.