Easy yet delicious vegan-friendly dinner. A steaming bowl of spicy mushroom noodle soup with hot and sour broth and meaty mushrooms. Sear the mushroom in a cast-iron skillet to achieve perfect golden crispiness
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300 g oyster mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 inch ginger, peel and minced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Chinese black vinegar
- 200 egg noodles
- 1 head bok choy, roughly chopped
- chili oil, for serving
- toasted sesame oil, for serving
- chopped green onion, for serving
- toasted sesame seeds, for serving
- Separated mushroom into a large cluster. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat a tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat until really hot but not smoking. Place the mushroom clusters into the skillet.
- Slightly press the mushrooms with the spatula, so most of the surface area directly touching the skillet. Cook, until the mushrooms have softened, turn into a deep golden brown, and release much of their water, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with salt and pepper. Carefully flip the mushrooms, then cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes on the second side. Remove the mushrooms from skillet. Torn half the mushrooms into bite-size pieces and keep the other half for topping.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium-size pot. Stir in garlic, ginger, and bell pepper. Cook until fragrant and bell pepper slightly wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, soy sauce, black vinegar, and 5 cups of water. Bring to boil and season with salt and pepper. Lower the heat to medium-low and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add noodles and bok choy to the pot. Continue to simmer until noodles, and bok choy is tender.
- Divide the noodles and vegetables among bowl, then ladle the hot soup over the top. Serve with the remaining mushrooms, chopped green onion, sesame seeds, sesame, and chili oil
Beef Rice Vermicelli Soup - Dreamy TableNovember 24, 2020 at 11:26 PM
[…] Related article: Spicy Mushroom Noodle Soup […]