Spicy prawn and eggplant pasta tossed with addictive spicy-sweet sauce with kaffir lime leaves. Topped with scallion and freshly squeezed lime juice.
For this recipe, I use round green eggplants, but if you can’t find it just replace it with regular eggplant. Save some of the pasta cooking water- I used angel hair pasta here- to bind the sauce together
If you make this Spicy Prawn and Eggplant Pasta, be sure to leave a comment and tag me on Instagram! Love to hear from you. Follow my Pinterest and Instagram to get more recipes and cooking ideas!
Related article: Hummus Pasta with Grilled Eggplant
Spicy Prawn and Eggplant Pasta
- 200g angel hair pasta
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 6 Thai eggplants, roughly chopped
- 2 green chilies, minced
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 10 prawns, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- chopped scallion to serve
- On medium-high heat, sear eggplants in a pan with a little bit of oi, about 3 mins, until slightly charred and softened. Remove from the pan.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions until al-dente. Strain the pasta and reserve 1/4-1/2 cup pasta water.
- In the same pan add another tablespoon of vegetable oil, add the onion, cook for about 2 minutes or until soft and fragrant. Then stir in green chilies, kaffir lime leaves, prawns, cooked eggplant, oyster sauce, a little bit of sugar, freshly ground black pepper, and 1/4 cup reserve pasta water. Stir until sauce is slightly bubbling.
- Add in cooked pasta, toss to combine until the pasta coated thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasoning, add a splash of pasta water if pasta looks too dry.
- Transfer to a serving plate, top with scallions, and lime juice.