This stir-fry garlic chive flowers are very simple, affordable, and homey dish. I like to keep this dish simple and light, just add some tofu, eggs, dashi, and a little bit of fish sauce.
The young garlic flowers are tender and have a garlic-like flavor but milder. Tender garlic stem can be cooked with scrambled eggs, stir-fry with shrimp, or added to soups. You can also eat them raw and mix it with salad, or sprinkle as a garnish.
If you make this Stir-fry Garlic Chive Flowers, be sure to leave a comment and tag me on Instagram! Love to hear from you. Follow my Pinterest and Instagram to get more recipes and cooking ideas!
Related article: Stir-fry Pempek (Stir-fry Indonesian Fishcake)
Tofu and Scrambled Egg with Garlic Flower
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g firm tofu, cubed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup dashi
- 100g garlic flowers, chopped
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Add sugar, fish sauce, dashi, salt, and pepper. Beat the eggs for 30 seconds, stir in half of the garlic flowers, mix until well combined.
- Heat oil in a wok or pan over medium-high heat. Swirl the wok until coated well with oil. Add tofu and cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden on each side.
- Pour the egg mixture into a wok. Wait for 30 seconds then flip and stir eggs slowly with a spatula, add the rest of the garlic flowers. Cook for 1 minute until the eggs just cooked, adjust seasoning if needed. Transfer to a serving plate, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, dried chili flakes.
Egg in Spicy Tomato Sauce - Dreamy TableOctober 6, 2020 at 11:11 PM
[…] Related article: Stir-fry Garlic Chive Flowers with Tofu and Eggs […]