A combination of vegetables and creamy sauce make these summer vegetable crepes perfect fare for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. Savory crepes layered with mushrooms, zucchini, tender chicken, sweet corn, garlic chive flowers, and creamy bechamel sauce. While it may be made with crepes instead of pasta sheets but it’s just as cozy as lasagna.
- 4 large crepes
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 250g mushrooms, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 200g chicken fillet
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 50g sweet corn kernels
- 20g garlic chive flowers, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 30g unsalted butter
- 30g all-purpose flour
- 500ml full-fat milk, cold
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Melted butter in a saucepan, stir in flour, cook over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Gradually stir in milk, cook and stir constantly for about 10 minutes over low heat, or until the mixture begins to bubble and thickens. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden on all sides. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook chicken until change color, 3 minutes. Add onion and garlic, stir-fry until softened and fragrant. Stir in zucchini, cook until tender. Add cooked mushroom, corn kernels, and garlic chive flowers, season with salt and pepper, mix well.
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Greased the baking pan lightly with unsalted butter. Cover the base of baking pan with crepes, top with 1/3 part of vegetables filling, then 1/3 part of white sauce, sprinkle with grated cheese. Repeat the process until all the filling, white sauce, and grated cheese finished, then top with another crepe.
- Cover the baking pan loosely with foil. Bake for 10 minutes, until warmed through and cheese are melted. Remove the foil and let sit for 5 minutes, cut and serve.