20 minutes dinner! This sun-dried pesto pasta is quick, simple, vegetarian and so so good! A combination of sun-dried tomatoes, fresh mint, roasted almond and parmesan cheese make a heart nutty pasta sauce.
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
- 500 gr pasta
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1/4 cup roasted almond
- 3/4 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- a pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- toasted fresh breadcrumbs, optional
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al-dente- tender but still firm to the bite. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, add sun-dried tomato, roasted almond, mint leaves, garlic, oil, parmesan, salt and black pepper to a food processor and puree until all the ingredients finely chopped.
- Transfer the sun-dried tomato pesto to a large bowl. Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, add enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten the pasta if dry. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve pasta warm with toasted breadcrumbs and chopped mint leaves.