This coffee and tonic is a simple and refreshing summer drink. A light cold brew coffee comes together with crisp apple juice, tonic water, and chewy coffee sphere (coffee jelly) to create a sweet, light, and refreshing coffee beverages
Related article: Brazilian Lemonade
Apple Iced Coffe & Tonic
- 250 ml of black coffee
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 gr agar-agar
- 1 cup cold vegetable oil
Apple Iced Coffee
- 200 ml of cold-brew coffee
- 100 ml tonic water or soda water
- 100 ml of apple juice
- ice cubes
To make coffee sphere
- Put the coffee powder in a glass, pour warm water over the coffee, and stir until everything dissolves. In a saucepan whisk coffee and agar-agar, cook over low-medium heat and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Remove the coffee mixture from heat and set aside for 3-5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a squeeze bottle & carefully drop the coffee mixture into the cold oil. The coffee spheres will form and fall to the bottom. Use a strainer to remove the spheres and rinse with cold water.
- Fill serving glass with ice cubes & 1 tablespoon coffee sphere.
- Carefully pour tonic water, apple juice, and coffee. Garnish with apple & coffee sphere.