Kids and adults will love these Asian fish sticks. It has a crunchy texture on the outside, soft and delicate on the inside. This recipe is super easy and can be prepared for less than 30 minutes. You can bake it in the oven or use an air fryer for a healthier version.
Related article: Grilled Tilapia in Banana Leaves
Asian Fish Sticks
- 500g white fish, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 50g panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Season fish fillets with sesame oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Set aside for 15 to 30 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl mix bread crumbs with sesame seeds, and furikake. Place flour and egg in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dredge fish strips in flour, then dip them in a beaten egg and coat them with breadcrumbs mixture.
- Deep-fried fish until golden and crispy. Serve them immediately with kimchi mayo.