This fried chicken made using tidbit chicken pieces. They marinated with fragrant spices paste then fried until crispy and covered with crispy pandan and curry leaves.
Related article: Lemper Ayam (Sticky Rice with Shredded Chicken)
- 7 red chili
- 10 green chili
- 15 cloves garlic, peeled
- 7 shallots, peeled
- 1 knob ginger, approx. 3 cm, peeled
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 free-range chicken, cut into 12 pieces
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 1 cup curry leaves
- 1 cup sliced pandan leaves
- Place all the ingredients in a mortar and pestle, roughly pound.
- Marinate the chicken with bumbu tangkap and tamarind juice. Keep to one side for at least 30 minutes.
- In a clean wok, heat about 2 cups cooking oil, add bumbu tangkap and sauté until `
- Heat oil in a wok or Dutch pan, then fry the chicken for about 5 minutes or until half cooked. Add pandan leaf, continue to fry for about 2 minutes then add curry leaves, red and green chilies. Fry until chicken are fully cooked and the leaves crispy.