You can easily find bakwan jagung in Indonesia. From a small food stall to a fancy restaurant that serves Indonesian food you can find this crispy Indonesian corn fritters on the menu. There are many versions of this corm fritter, some like to add kaffir lime leaves, but my version use chopped green onion and parsley.
Bakwan Jagung (Indonesian Corn Fritters)
- 2 corn cobs
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- parsley, thinly sliced
- 2 red chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon, coriander powder
- salt and white pepper powder
- 100g small shrimp
- oil for frying
- Cut corn kernels from the stem. Take half of the corn kernels and pulse for a few seconds in the blender until the corn is smooth.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and mix to form a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Take a spoonful of batter, put some shrimp and drop it gently into the hot oil. Fry until the fritters are golden and crispy.