This breakfast croissant with pumpkin scrambled egg is so easy to make, delicious, and nourishing. Adding pumpkin puree give the scrambled eggs a little bit sweet, salty and creamy texture.
- 3 plain croissants
Pumpkin scrambled eggs
- 3 free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup plain pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- a pinch of nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- unsalted butter or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush one side of the croissant with unsalted butter. Arrange croissant in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet, bake for 3 to 5 minutes until croissant warm.
- Whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, and cream cheese until smooth and well combined. Season with nutmeg, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a medium pan over medium-low heat and coat with olive oil. Add the mixture egg to the hot skillet. Using a wooden spoon, stir occasionally until they are cooked to your desired consistency.
- Place scrambled eggs on bottoms of each of the croissants, top with watercress and the other half of croissant.