Delicious broccoli and potato croquettes stuffed with smoked cheddar and smoked beef and fried until crispy and golden brown.
Related article: Pastel Tutup (chicken and Potato Casserole)
Broccoli and Potato Croquettes
- 200g potato, peeled
- 150g broccoli, cut into smaller pieces
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 30g all-purpose flour
- 20g milk powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 smoked beef, cut into the same size as the cheese
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- Steam potatoes and broccoli until tender. Mash the potatoes using a potato masher while they are still hot, let them cool down. Chopped broccoli finely, set aside.
- Combine mashed potato with broccoli, add grated cheese, milk powder, and flour. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of potato mixture, roll into a small ball, place cheese cube and smoked beef in the center by molding the potato around it.
- Lightly beat egg in a bowl, place flour and breadcrumbs in separate shallow bowls.
- Dredge croquettes in flour, then dip them in a beaten egg and coat them with breadcrumbs.
- Pour oil into a frying pan. Carefully place croquettes into hot oil and fry until golden brown.