This cheesy baked pasta frittata is one the whole family will love. It also perfect for brunch, school lunch, or picnic. I made this delicious spaghettini frittata with plenty of cheese and sausage then served with a simple salad.
Related article: One Pot Spicy Tomato Pasta
Cheesy Baked Pasta Frittata
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 40g parmesan or cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic, minced
- 2 sausage, sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300g cooked pasta
- melted cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion for 6 to 7 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and sausage, cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Stir in cooked pasta, mix well.
- Preheat oven to 200c. Beat the eggs in a large bowl, then grate in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper, whisk until combined. Add pasta mixture to the bowl and stir until well combined.
- Wipe the frypan clean with a paper towel and heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Pour the frittata mixture into the frypan and cook for about 5 minutes, or until crisp underneath, then place in the oven for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until the surface is just set.
- Carefully flip the frittata onto a large plate, then slide it back into the pan. Crumble the cheese over the top of the frittata. Then put the frittata back in the oven, cook for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt, and crisp underneath.
- Cut into slices and serve warm with fresh salad.