Crispy, cheesy, and golden charred gozleme stuffed with ground beef, eggplant, and mozzarella.
Related article: Harira Soup (Moroccan Chickpea and Lentil Soup)
Cheesy Beef and Eggplant Gozleme
- 300g all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- a pinch of sea salt
- 150-200 ml of water
- 200g minced beef
- 200g eggplant, chopped roughly
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic until fragrant, 1 minute. Add eggplant & beef, cook until brown. Add coriander, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Add oil and yogurt, then gradually add water. Kneading the dough as you pour the water to form the soft dough.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 7-10 minutes until smooth. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 same-sized pieces and roll into a 35×25 cm rectangle.
- Spread one-quarter of the filling over half of each rectangle. Sprinkle with feta and mozzarella, then fold the dough to cover the filling. Press edges together to seal.
- Warm a barbecue plate or non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Brush lightly one side of each gozleme with olive oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until one side is golden. Brush uncooked side with oil, turn over and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until golden and crisp.