This homemade cherry jelly is my favorite Summer treat. So easy to make, very refreshing & light.
For this recipe, I use konnyaku jelly powder because I like their texture and it’s healthier than gelatin. In case you can’t find konnyaku jelly powder, you can replace it with agar powder or gelatin, but the texture won’t be the same. If you don’t like wobbly jelly reduce the water to 500-750 ml.
Related article: Hibiscus Iced Tea
- 2 tsp basil seeds
- 1 cup cherry, halved and deseeded
- 15g konnyaku jelly
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1000 ml of water
- Greek yogurt, to serve
- Soaked basil seeds with warm, let it cool to room temperature.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, jelly powder, and water. Bring to boil over medium-high, cook, and stir until sugar dissolve. Turn off the heat.
- Pour jelly mixture into the molds until 1/2 full, add cherries. When the jelly slightly thickened, pour the remaining mixture. Place in the refrigerator until it is set and cold, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Unmold the jelly and serve with Greek yogurt.