This coffee-rubbed burger was a hit! Juicy beef burger perfectly seasoned with coffee-rubbed seasoning, covered with coffee bbq sauce, and topped with tomato, cheese, and caramelized onion. The entire family will love this beef burger.
Everybody loves beef burgers, adults and kids will gladly have beef burgers at any time of the day. This homemade coffee rubber burger is incredibly juicy, a bit greasy, full of flavor, and so addictive.
My homemade beef patties are pretty simple. I only use ground beef, no breadcrumbs, and eggs. To make juicy patties, use ground beef that has a higher fat content. The more your ground beef has fat content, you’ll end up with the juicier beef patties, but the ideal ratio is 80:20.
Another key to making delicious burger patties is you need to season your patties generously with salt and pepper or coffee seasoning. The patties will shrink a little while cooking, so make them slightly bigger than the buns.
Related article: Cauliflower and Ground Beef Sloppy Joe
Coffee Rubbed Burger
- 400g ground beef
- 1 tablespoon coffee powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- salt to taste
Coffee bbq sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 300g ketchup
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 dried apricots
- 3 dried red chilies
- salt and black pepper to taste
To make the coffee rub
- Combine all the coffee rub ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well and set aside.
To make coffee bbq sauce
- Heat oil in a pot, add onion and saute for 3 minutes, then add minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, dried chili, apricot, and espresso. Mix well and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat and let the mixture simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat, let the mixture cool. Puree bbq sauce in a blender.
To make the burger
- Preheat grill pan to high heat, around 375-400 degrees F. Divide beef into 4 equal portions, roll the meat into a ball and flatten to make patties.
- Season patties generously with coffee blend seasoning. Grill the burger patties 3-5 minutes on each side. If you want to add cheese, apply cheese in the last 1-2 minutes of grilling then cover the burgers with a lid.
- Once the sliced cheese is slightly melted, remove the burgers from the grill and serve immediately on a bun with coffee bbq sauce, tomato, and lettuce.