This coffee-rubbed burger was a hit! Juicy beef burger rubbed with amazing coffee blend seasoning and glazed with coffee bbq sauce. Use beef that contains 20% fat to make a delicious and juicy burger.
If you make this Cauliflower and Ground Beef Sloppy Joe, be sure to leave a comment and tag me on Instagram! Love to hear from you. Follow my Pinterest and Instagram to get more recipes and cooking ideas!
Related article: Cauliflower and Ground Beef Sloppy Joe
Coffee Rubbed Burger
- 400g ground beef
- 1 tablespoon coffee powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- salt to taste
Coffee bbq sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 300g ketchup
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 dried apricots
- 3 dried red chilies
- salt and black pepper to taste
To make the coffee rub
- Combine all the coffee rub ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well and set aside.
To make coffee bbq sauce
- Heat oil in a pot, add onion and saute for 3 minutes, then add minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, dried chili, apricot, and espresso. Mix well and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat and let the mixture simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat, let the mixture cool. Puree bbq sauce in a blender.
To make the burger
- Preheat grill pan to high heat, around 375-400 degrees F. Divide beef into 4 equal portions, roll the meat into a ball and flatten to make patties.
- Season patties generously with coffee blend seasoning. Grill the burger patties 3-5 minutes on each side. If you want to add cheese, apply cheese in the last 1-2 minutes of grilling then cover the burgers with a lid.
- Once the sliced cheese is slightly melted, remove the burgers from the grill and serve immediately on a bun with coffee bbq sauce, tomato, and lettuce.