Delicious, affordable, and easy to make crispy enoki mushrooms. Great for a fun snack or tasty appetizers. This recipe is pretty simple and easy with a quick dip in egg and then light dredge in a seasoned flour & cornstarch mixture.
Related article: Crispy Oyster Mushroom with Salted Egg Yolk Sauce
Crispy Enoki Mushrooms
- 200g enoki mushrooms
- 2 free-range eggs
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 200g cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Cut off the root at the bottom of mushrooms. Rinse and separate the mushrooms into clusters.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and sesame seeds in a medium bowl. Cracked and whisked eggs in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip each enoki cluster into the eggs, then coated the mushroom clusters with flour mixture.
- Fry the mushroom in small batches until golden and crispy. Serve the mushrooms with kimchi mayo.