I was craving for a bowl of curry laksa but my fridge almost empty so I made this rice noodles soup with anything left. I use seafood stock & Thai red curry paste as the base of the broth. For the topping, I use shrimp, fried tofu, fish balls & fish cakes.
If you make this Easy Curry Laksa, be sure to leave a comment and tag me on Instagram! Love to hear from you. Follow my Pinterest and Instagram to get more recipes and cooking ideas!
Related article: Easy Green Curry Noodle Bowl
Easy Curry Laksa
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 3 candlenuts, grated finely
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 lemongrass stem, white part only
- 300 ml of coconut milk
- 4 cups of seafood stock
- 200g shrimp
- 100g Asian fish balls
- 100g Asian fish cakes
- 12 fried tofu puffs
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 600g cooked rice vermicelli
- 4 soft-boiled eggs
- bean sprouts, mint leaves, and cilantro, to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the curry paste, grated candlenuts, and coriander powder. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add the coconut milk and chicken stock. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the prawns, fish cakes and fish balls (if using), along with the tofu puffs. Simmer for another few minutes or until the prawns are cooked.
- Stir through the fish sauce and sugar. Taste the soup and season with extra salt if needed. Ladle the laksa soup over the rice vermicelli and top with bean sprouts, egg, mint leaves, and cilantro.