Make this egg salad sandwich for quick lunch or picnic. Creamy egg salad with Japanese-style mayo sandwiched between soft and fluffy milk bread
There is so many version of an egg salad sandwich. There’s an American version and a Japanese version. The Japanese egg sandwich (tamago sando) is much simpler and lighter than the American version. Tamago sando uses Japanese mayonnaise, boiled eggs, and shokupan ( Japanese Pullman bread).
Related article: Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Onion Chive Jam
Egg Salad Sandwich
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped perilla leaves
- 2 tablespoons Japanese-style mayo
- freshly ground black pepper
- salt and sugar to taste
- perilla leaves
- Slice boiled egg in half. Put the eggs in a bowl and mash with a fork. Season with salt, sugar, and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise and chopped shiso leaves to the bowl and mix very well. Taste the filling, adjust seasoning if needed.
- Place sandwich bread on a flat surface. Put one perilla leaves on top of the bread, and evenly distribute egg salad. Place the second slice of bread over the first, and gently press the bread. Cut the sandwich in half and ready to serve.