This tuna toast is a healthier and lighter version of the classic tuna salad sandwich. The tuna salad topping is a combination of tuna, Greek yogurt, and chopped pickled jalapeño. The toasted oat bread then topped with baby spinach, tuna salad, and jammy soft-boiled eggs.
To make this tuna salad use tuna packed in water because oil-packed tuna has more fat and it will make the salad greasy.
Related article: Tuna with Torch Ginger Sambal
Healthy Tuna Salad Toast
- 1 can tuna in water, drained
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeno
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 slices oat bread
- 2 soft-boiled eggs
- In a medium bowl, mix the tuna, yogurt, mayonnaise, shallot, jalapeno, salt, and pepper.
- Toast the bread. Slice the cucumber, then arrange the sliced cucumber and spinach over each slice of bread.
- Spread tuna mixture on the bread. Top with boiled eggs and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.