Hibiscus tea is a herbal tea made from an infusion of a dried hibiscus plant. It has sweet, slightly tart and refreshing floral flavor. This bright colored hibiscus iced tea not only looks pretty and tastes delicious, but they also have many health benefits.
This herbal tea may be consumed hot or cold. But I prefer the cold brew method, as they taste very smooth and no bitter aftertaste. Add a slice of lemon and fresh mint leaves to make this drink tastier and prettier
Related article: Apple and Mint Iced Green Tea
Hibiscus Iced Tea
- 1/2 cup dried hibiscus flower
- 5 cup water, room temperature
- 1/4 cup simple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- a handful of fresh mint leaves
- Place the dried hibiscus flower in a large pitcher or bottle. Add water, cover, and refrigerate overnight (8 to 10 hours).
- Strain the hibiscus tea, discard the solids. Stir in simple syrup or honey.
- Serve the tea over ice with lemon sliced and fresh mint leaves.