If you get bored with the old school plain French fries this salted egg yolk fries is a good option. The old-time favorite French fries served with rich and creamy salted egg yolk mayonnaise.
- 500g homemade or store-bought French fries
Salted egg yolk mayo
- 2 cooked, salted duck egg yolk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl mash, the cooked salted egg yolks into a very small crumble. Slowly add about 1 tablespoon warm water to the mashed egg yolks and keep mixing until you get egg yolk paste.
- Combine egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar and a pinch of sea salt in a medium bowl. Whisk until well blended, about 30 seconds. Gradually add oil in a very thin stream, whisking constantly until mayonnaise is thick and creamy. Add salted egg yolk paste and whisking until everything combines. Taste the mayonnaise, add more salt or sugar to get the taste you wanted.
- Serve the warm French fries with salted egg yolk mayonnaise, hot sauce and sprinkle with chopped green onion.