Comforting kid-friendly chicken soup with chunky vegetables, sausages, and gluten-free pasta shapes. Simple, comforting, and delicious.
Soup can be tricky to make for kids because some kids don’t like soup and vegetables. The trick is to let the kids choose their favorite pasta shapes for some fun. Another trick is to cut the veggies in bite-size pieces so it will be easier for kids to eat it.
This soup recipe is versatile. You can swap out the veggies with your favorite one, and finish the soup with all types of pasta.
You can use any kind of pasta for this soup, but I recommended small and cute pasta shapes like Orgran Animals Rice & Corn Vegetable Pasta, alphabet pasta, or stelline (star shape pasta). But if you can’t find any cute shape pasta farfalle or tricolor fusilli also work.
Kid-friendly Chicken Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 boneless & skinless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 100ml of chicken stock
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 2 sausages, diced
- 1 cup of pasta shapes
- 2 tomatoes, cut into smaller chunks
- green onion, thinly sliced
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken, and season with salt and pepper. Brown the chicken on all sides, 3-5 minutes. Add onion and garlic, saute until softened and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, let it boil. Then add diced potato, let it simmer until potato slightly softened, 3 mins. Then add carrot, corn, sausage, and pasta. Coof for 5-8 minutes until pasta cooked.
- Once the pasta and other vegetables cooked, add tomato and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.