This morning I was fueled with hot chocolate infused with dried lavender. This lavender hot chocolate is so simple and easy to make.
Lavender Hot Chocolate with Himalayan Salt
For this lavender hot chocolate, I use 70% dark chocolate bar and I don’t add any cocoa powder. You can use any dark chocolate or your choices.
- 500 ml full-fat milk
- 150 gr good quality dark chocolate (70%)
- 1 tsp dried lavender
- Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
- Sugar, optional
- Chopped dark chocolate roughly, set aside.
- Pour the milk into a large pan, add dried lavender and stir to combine. Bring milk to simmer over a medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and let it rest for about 5 minutes. Strain the milk and discard the dried lavender.
- Bring back the milk to simmer, whisk in chopped dark chocolate and sugar. Cook until all the dark chocolate melted, whisking frequently.
- Pour the lavender hot chocolate mixture into a cup and give a pinch of Himalayan pink salt or another sea salt. Serve immediately, add more sugar or honey if needed.