Easy, delicious, and freezer-friendly lemon and oatmeal muffins with streusel topping.
Related article: Mixed Berry Muffin
Lemon and Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp old fashioned oat
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Whisk flour, sugar, oat, and baking powder in a large bowl. Add butter and massage into a dry mixture with your fingertips until pea-sized lumps form. Add oat and mix until crumbles form. Set aside.
- Combine oat and milk, let soak for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg and oil. Stir in the oatmeal mixture, flour, baking powder, baking soda, lemon zest and vanilla essence. Mix until everything is just combined.
- Divide batter into prepared muffin cups until 3/4 full. Top with crumble topping.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin, comes clean.