When in doubt, I bake this mixed berry muffin. I wasn’t sure whether I should bake blueberry or strawberry muffin, so I decided to bake these mixed berries muffin. Not only it tastes delicious but the combination of blueberry, strawberry, blackberry and raspberry add an element of fun to the muffin. You will get different flavour combo on each bite.
Mixed Berry Muffin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp unsalted butter, melted
Mixed berry muffin
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest (1 medium-size lemon)
- 1 cup mixed berry
- Crumb topping: Combine flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar and baking powder in a medium-size bowl. Stir in melted butter, then pinch the mixture until it forms pea-size clumps. Set aside.
- Mixed berry muffin: Preheat oven to 175 C. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray and line the bottom of muffin tins with parchment paper or muffin liners.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl, set aside. In another bowl combine the sugar, yoghurt, egg, lemon zest and vanilla and beat with a handheld electronic mixer at low speed until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat at low speed until the batter is smooth. Gently fold the berries into the mixture.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared cups, fill the cup about three-quarters full. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over batter in each cup.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the muffin cooked.