There’s a day when the blistering temperature of June is rising and the last place you want to be is in the hot steaming kitchen. That’s when this no-bake pineapple cheesecake comes to the rescue!
I also add lemon juice and popping candy to the cheesecake filling. Lemon juice makes the cheesecake lighter and fresh, while the popping candy adds an element of fun.
Related article: Easy Coffee Jelly with Sweetened Cream
No-Bake Pineapple Mint Cheesecake
- 125g digestive biscuits
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 75g unsalted butter
- 300g cream cheese
- 50g icing sugar
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 200g heavy cream
- 1 package pineapple popping candy
- 1 pineapple
- a handful of fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Put the biscuits in the resealable plastic bag, and crush them with a rolling pin until beginning to turn to crumbs.
- Pour crumbs and sugar into a bowl. Add butter, and stir until well combined.
- Press the crumbs mixture into a 20cm springform pan. Chill crust in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Combine the cream cheese, icing sugar, and condensed milk in a bowl. Beat until the cream cheese is smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Stir in lemon juice.
- Pour heavy cream into a separate medium-sized chilled bowl. Whisk on high speed until stiff peaks are achieved. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until smooth and well-combined.
- Pour the filling into the crust; smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Combine sugar and mint in mortar and pestle. Crush the sugar and mint together until the sugar changes color and smell. Sprinkle the sugar over pineapple, mix until well combined.
- Serve the cheesecake with pineapple mint sugar.