This peanut crusted fish is a crowd pleaser and easy to make. Fast cook fish fillets are coated with a mixture of peanut and sesame seeds then serves with sour and spicy young mango salad.
If you make this Peanut Crusted Fish with Mango Salad be sure to leave a comment and tag me on Instagram! Love to hear from you. Follow my Pinterest and Instagram to get more recipes and cooking ideas!
Related article: Fish and Vegetable en Papillote
Peanut Crusted Fish with Mango Salad
- 2 (200g) fish fillet
- salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
- olive oil or grapeseed oil for frying
- 80g peanuts
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 tablespoon toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted black sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, optional
- salt to taste
Young mango salad
- 1 unripe mango, peeled
- 2 red chilies, deseeded
- 1-2 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts, chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place a baking rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Spray lightly with cooking oil.
- Put roasted peanuts, coriander, sesame seeds, red chili flakes, and cilantro. Pulse a few times until you get a rough coarse, season with salt and pepper.
- Pat dry the fish fillets with a kitchen towel. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Put the egg in a shallow bowl, beat with a fork. Dip the fish in a beaten egg then coat it with a peanut mixture. Repeat with the remaining fish fillets.
- Place crusted fish fillets onto the prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray with oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.