One of my favorites Thai food is pineapple fried rice. The combination medley of sweet, salty, and spicy flavors makes this fried rice is so addictive. Simply omit the shrimp and chicken to make a great vegetarian dish.
You can use canned pineapple to make this fried rice, but fresh pineapple tastes better. If you use fresh pineapple you can also use the shells to serve the rice, it looks prettier and you don’t have to wash the dirty plate after.
Related article: Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
Pineapple Fried Rice
- 250g leftover rice
- 2 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 100g chicken fillet, cut into bite-size pieces
- 50g shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced
- 6 green beans, trimmed and cut
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 25g diced pineapple
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- chopped green onion for garnish
- Combine rice with egg yolk.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or frying pan. Cook chicken until changes color and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Cook shrimps in the same pan until shrimp is cooked through. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Cut a pineapple in half and scoop out the inside, keep the shell and top of the pineapple intact. Cut the flesh into bite-size pieces.
- Add vegetable oil to the wok or pan, swirl around to coat the wok. Add minced garlic, carrot, and green chili. Stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked rice, breaking it with a spoon. Cook over high heat for a few minutes, then add oyster sauce and chopped green beans.