Delicious vegan and gluten-free potato and lentil patties. Packed with wholesome ingredients, flavorful, and easy to make. Crispy on the outside with fragrant white and black sesame seeds.
These tasty patties are made with boiled potatoes and cooked brown lentils, an excellent alternative to that store-bought versions that often packed with preservatives and other additives.
Related article: Indian Chickpea Flour Pancakes
Potato and Lentil Patties
- 1 medium-size onion, finely chopped
- 350g boiled potatoes
- 120g cooked brown lentils
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- vegetable oil
- Place 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until softened. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Peel and cut the boiled potatoes in quarters. Place the potatoes in a large bowl, add cooked onion, lentils, chopped chili, ground coriander, and paprika powder. Lightly mashed lentil and potatoes with a potato masher, season with salt and pepper.
- Using damp hands, shape the mixture into round balls, you can make it smaller or larger depending on your personal preferences. Dip the patties in sesame seeds and flatten into a round disc.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add patties and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve the patties fresh and hot with creamy tahini sauce