Delicious potato omelette served with fresh salad perfect for weekend brunch.
- 2 waxy potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- sea salt and vegetable oil
- vegetable oil
- Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of oil into a large non-stick frying pan, heat over medium heat. Add potatoes then cover the pan, lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion, cook for another 5 minutes or until the potato and onion are cooked through.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Whisk with a fork. Add cooked potato and onion to the egg mixture.
- Transfer the mixture back to the frying pan and cook over low heat. Put the lid back and cook for around 20 minutes until set and the base is golden. Carefully flip the omelette over the pan, then cook for another 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once cooked, transfer to a plate and serve warm with salad.