There’s nothing like a cup of rich, and velvety smooth hot chocolate on a cold, rainy day. Make it with a combination of whole milk, heavy cream, and good quality dark chocolate you’ll end up with a dreamy treat.
Related article: Lavender Hot Chocolate
Rich Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup full-cream milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 150g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp whipped cream + more for serving
- shaved dark chocolate for garnish
- Finely chop the dark chocolate into small pieces.
- Place the milk and cream in a small pot. Heat the mixture on low heat and bring it to simmer.
- Add the finely chopped chocolate, brown sugar, and cinnamon powder. Whisk vigorously until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Remove hot chocolate from the stove, then add 2 tablespoons of whipped cream, stir until there are no clumps.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs, and if you like top with a dollop of whipped cream, and shaved hot chocolate