Sauteed red cabbage and peas is perfect if you are looking for stress-free side dish. For this recipe you only need a few ingredients and it took less than 15 minutes to cook.
Sauteed Red Cabbage and Peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 200g red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock or water
- freshly ground black pepper & sea salt
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and sautee onion for 2 minutes or until softened, then add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add cabbage and peas. Cook, tossing gently for 3 to 5 minutes or until wilts. Add white vinegar and vegetable stock. Toss until the liquid is reduced. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.