This spicy lemongrass clam with pasta is an Asian take on the Italian classic. Simply made with steamed clams, lemongrass, and chili. You can easily recreate this dish at home with just a few simple ingredients!
Spicy Lemongrass Clam with Pasta
- 150 grams pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 2 red chilies, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Put the clams to soak in a bowl of cold water while you cook the pasta.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta until al dente or, according to package instruction, reserve 1/4 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and toss with a few drops of olive oil, set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan. Add garlic, lemongrass, and chili. Cook over low heat for about 3 to 4 minutes until garlic is softened, stir it often.
- Drain the clams. Add fish sauce and clams to the pan, swirl the pan, and cover with a lid. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until the clams open. Add pasta and reserved pasta water, season with salt and pepper. Toss pasta to combine, add freshly squeezed lime juice and a few more pasta water if needed.
- Transfer pasta to serving bowl and garnish with fresh cilantro.